Monday 9 June 2014

B L O G G I N G // Online life vs reality

Every so often I find myself reaching what I've now come to call 'extreme blogger boredom'. I love nothing more than coming across amazing new blogs and catching up on all my favourites (usually daily), but there's always comes a point when they all tend to merge into the exact.same.blog.
The same people who claim to be holding down hectic jobs in the fashion industry, yet are 'accidentally spotted' in their Phillip Lim and Celine slides nonchalantly clutching a starbucks at 11:30am on a Tuesday morning.
As anyone who hold down a hectic job knows, there are definitely no opportunities for a quick drop in at starbucks, let alone a casual outdoor photoshoot.
Which gets me wondering, are all these people lying?
Of course, everything you see on social media should be taken with a pinch of salt. Anyone with an instagram will understand the effort of having to move that pile of dirty dishes out of your minimal triangle bra shot. Or trying to arrange your mirror selfie to conceal your hungover boyfriend in bed behind you... 
What confuses me the most however are those who one moment exaggerate their new Acne purchase (before quickly justifying their splurge with a "now to get back to all the hard work"), only to be 'spotted' an hour later having cocktails with a girlfriend. I don't know about you guys, but I'm personally starting to feel a little inadequate as I wonder whether I'm somehow organising my time badly. Should I also be expected to fit in a quick shopping trip, lunch date, photoshoot and gallery opening around my full time job and two hour commute? 
I see nothing wrong at all in spending all day shopping, eating and taking photos- heck, if I could that's exactly how I'd be spending my time! But I do see something wrong with pretending this is all done on top of a hard days work because quite frankly, it seems a little impossible. 
And so my blog hunt continues. It's becoming more and more of a struggle to find someone who really puts their all into running a blog or creative website. I mean those who do it purely because they want to share their passion, knowledge and enthusiasm with the world, not just to earn money, gain freebies or have someone take photos of them in a new pair of jeans everyday. 
If you find any, please share!

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment