Sunday 19 October 2014

CaraD4DKNY 4 Harvey Nichols


I've started to see a pattern within my posts recently, and seeing as they all seem to be based around a theme of graduating and attempting to find my place in the adult world, I thought I'd just carry on and hope for the best.

Which is why I thought it might be interesting (although I don't know to who), to give little insights into the working world of someone who's still finding their feet in the fashion industry.
As those of you who read this blog will know, I started a new job two weeks ago as the social media assistant for Harvey Nichols. It's been a pretty intense two weeks, but I've finally got my head around the way things work and have learnt a ridiculous amount in such a short space of time.
I've also never had as much fun working as I do now and I've lost track of how many times the words "I can't believe I'm getting paid to do this" have crossed my mind.

Yesterday was just one of those moments. Running around the Harvey Nichols third floor- (cocktail in one hand, iPhone in the other) tracking Cara Delevingne's movements across London couldn't possibly be my job, right?!

To celebrate the launch of Cara's collaboration with DKNY she secretly set out to visit four major London stores- Harrods, Harvey Nichols, Selfridges and DKNY.
In pure Harvey Nichols fashion of course we decided the best way to launch what is probably one of the most major collabs this year (alongside Wang x H&m obvs) was by purely drinking and dancing (thankfully for everyone there though, I didn't attempt any break dancing moves myself)...
Despite it being my first work event and feeling incredibly sick for about 48 hours in advance, it actually all went pretty smoothly. One thing I worry about the most is not getting enough coverage. Social media is so fast-paced that you have to be at the forefront of absolutely everything, being the first person talking about it. However, being a 5'2" invisible person I'm often mistaken for a fangirl and elbowed straight out of the way (thank you photographers)...
Luckily being small occasionally has it's advantages- ducking beneath said photographers elbows and giving them a sly dig back often works wonders, and before you know it- perfect instagram-worthy images. 

Next time though I think I'll just pack some stilts.. 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is so great and very inspiring !
    I love it xx

    ReplyDelete