Monday 29 September 2014

F A S H I O N // Interestingly plain


Before I start rattling on let me start with this. Yes I know Paris fashion week has yet to come to a close, but I’m growing way too restless okay.
           I blame the fast-pace of the fashion industry for my ever growing impatience- I can’t even hear out the end of fashion month without getting antsy.
                   
Anyway who cares.  With the insane amount of S15 collections being thrown in our faces over the last 4 weeks, it’s no surprise I’m sick of keeping schtum.  Besides, I already knowwww. I already know who I want to be next season and I’m not waiting until the end of the month to revel in this newfound woman!

My style never really changes (although I can't say the same about my hair) and lo and behold, less than a week in and I was again fanaticising over navy organza’s, twisted waist hugging shirts and vented tunics. I’m pretty certain it wasn’t just me this effected by THE ROW, in fact judging by the sheer volume of “I can’t even’s” spotted under every tagged photo I know I wasn’t the only one. I’m currently pushing the realities of oversized 5’2” frumpy layering out of my mind (although if M-K and A can pull it off…) instead picturing ankle-grazing skirts sitting perfectly atop those delicate mandals. Oh and forget cleavage, 2015 is all about the ankle flash *gasp*

It wasn’t just THE ROW to have me squirming in anticipation though. Marni- a brand who until the last year or so I didn’t really pay much attention to, but my God how did I ever overlook them?!
Soft knits in sand and ivory pulled together with a loosely knitted obi-style belt.
Throw in the tailored layering and hessian style wrap skirts seen at Whistles and you pretty much have my dream S15 wardrobe. Sadly the majority will be out of my price range, however I’ve finally moved my sewing machine, pattern papers and mannequin out of storage and into the new house (only took me three months) which means I’ll be busy sweating over said wardrobe instead of handing over my credit card.


Clean, soft and interestingly plain
That is the woman of 2015, and I can’t wait to walk in her shoes!

1 comment: