Sunday 13 July 2014

T A L E N T S P O T // Ashley Oubré


I know what you're thinking- there's no way these can be drawings!.. Right? 
Well that's exactly what I thought when I came across Ashley Oubré's work, but low and behold they're definitely not. I know right... shhiiitttt!
Ashley uses a variation of brush techniques combining graphite pencil, indian ink and carbon pencil to create these insanely realistic portraits. It's one thing for an artist to create a true likeness of their subject, but for someone to capture the exact skin tone, wrinkle and reflection of light is something else entirely.
The above drawings are a few of her more recent works which you can view via her website here
For once I really have no words so I'll allow you to browse the site and die of amazement. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment