Wednesday 25 June 2014

F A S H I O N // Holiday countdown

I've been pining for the holiday season for what feels like a century! Now that it's finally here I've been absolutely obsessing over everyone's instagram snaps of their beach breaks- crystal clear seas, endless stretches of white sand... siiggghhh.
Frustratingly I won't be joining the crowds of jet setters just yet (why does the fashion industry insist on being so busy during the summer)?! However, I can say I've finally booked two weeks in OCTOBER for a much needed beach frolic and a bit of sunshine! My boyfriend is taking to me meet a few of his loved ones over in Thailand and I'm so excited I've already started the holiday shop (a little eager perhaps, but whatever)!
First step to holiday shopping- the bikini. The most dreaded item of clothing you could ever purchase and unless you're Adriana Lima herself then I'm sure you've felt that wave of bikini dread too.
I have to say though, this year it's been a breeze- at least hunting down the perfect bikini has- I'm yet to squeeze myself into them. 
Congratulations bikini designers of the world, this season you've done all us minimal boring bitches proud! I've haven't had to fight my way through heavy prints and weird tassels at all this year- hallelujah!
Please welcome my two top picks; the soft black triangle bikini by Cos and the Triangl Swimwear ice neoprene number (currently on it's way to me)! 
I've an avid fan of Cos underwear and am a secret hoarder of there triangle bras. I find underwear shopping excruciating (firstly because a 30E is pretty much impossible to find), but also because bigger bras seem to be designed for 60 year old ladies with back issues (not to mention all that underwiring, uggghh). Surprisingly triangle bras are incredibly flattering, and Cos do something incredible to non-existent cleavage so I have high hopes for their swimwear range!
As for Triangl, well, look at it! And y'know, they're the bikini brand of the season and look so amazing on absolutely everyone that of course I had to give it a go. Plus, white's supposed to look good with a tan right?...

1 comment:

  1. ahh, your trip sounds amazing, I've wanted to travel to thailand forever! love both of these kinis, so minimal and gorgeous. white always looks fab with a tan!
    x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete