Sunday 6 July 2014

F A S H I O N // Monochrome tones


It's not often I get to see my two favourite girls these days. Having busy lives working full time and studying for masters degrees means spending quality time together doesn't occur as often as I'd like. 
How I miss the days I'd wake up to just crawl straight into their beds on hungover sunday mornings, or late nights spent drinking cheap wine and talking about our futures.
How lucky I am though that no matter where I am in the world and no matter how hectic our lives, I know I still have these two wonderful, intelligent and independent women growing alongside me. And it's times like this (in that huge transition between student and adult life), that I feel so grateful to have such open minded and non-judgemental people in my life.
I sounds a little dismissive, but sometimes I find your friends need a clear out in the same way your wardrobe does. Those who no longer fit you or are drastically out of fashion need to be packed up and thrown away. I feel as though I've been having this clear out for the past two years, recycling the friends who resemble that faded, overstretched Primark t-shirt you felt you had to hang on to. There will also be the ones you've kept at the back of your closet for the past few months- out of sight a gathering dust, but perhaps just sometimes they deserve a dusting off and a whirl in front of the mirror...

I'm a firm believer in not handing onto something just because you've had it for a long time. If it doesn't make you feel great about yourself, then what's the point in keeping it? I've come to find that if a someone I call a friend isn't there for me when I'm having a tough time (or worse, not even noticing), only talk themselves when I'm with them or make me feel bad for working hard then quite frankly it's time to wave goodbye.
I'm also incredibly thankful to have friends who share my interests, which is why we spent an afternoon in Kensington drinking champagne, feasting on cheese and stumbling upon secluded summer gardens.

Obviously an outfit post was also needed here- Jeans, T-shirt and watch all belong to my boyfriend (thanks James), and the kimono jacket I dug out of a charity shop... And I didn't think this post would be complete without a photo of my two lovelies!
Hope you've all had a wonderful weekend! 
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment