Sunday 18 May 2014

L I F E S T Y L E : Future projects

I've been really busy over the last few weeks/ months planning future ideas for both this blog and personal creative projects, and it got me thinking, why not just combine the two?..
The way I dress changes ever so slightly with every month- a slightly different silhouette, slightly less colour etc, and with every month I find it harder to buy exactly what I want. 
I love the high street, growing up with high street and second hand clothing combined with my mum's sewing machine was one of the ways I expressed my creativity as a child, but I find it harder and harder to get exactly what I want.
That probably sounds a little pointless to some of you, a few years ago I probably wouldn't have cared either. I remember times when I'd head out to buy a new dress for a night out, to not find anything I really liked and would end up buying the same old tacky floral bodycon. Yes, we've all been there. 
Usually I didn't really care I couldn't find what I wanted, but these days a floral bodycon really isn't going to cut it. 
Which is why I've started to put my pattern cutting and sewing skills to use, and this time not to gain grades at uni or to get a job, but to benefit myself.
Whenever I tell people I studied fashion at uni, their first reaction is to ask me if I made what I'm wearing. Usually the answer is no.
Finding the time to create your own wardrobe, working full time and juggling all the creative projects outside office hours isn't the easiest thing to do, so I usually skip the 'creating my own wardrobe' part. 
Shopping for my personal style (and within my budget) is becoming so difficult that I've starting to create my own patterns and DIY projects which I'll happily share with you guys!

So stay tuned if you're looking for easy to create, monochrome layers with a basic silhouette. Think Mary-kate and Ashley Olsen- easy layering, chunky knits and man repeller shoes. Oh, and wave goodbye to those hideous bodycons... 


4 comments:

  1. So excited about this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek! Me too! I can't wait to share them with you :)

      Delete
  2. Really looking forward to your diy's!! absolutely love the aesthetic of your blog and personal style as well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! I can't wait to start posting them!!

      Delete